Snakes and Ladders
This Snakes and Ladders Game (Sometimes called Chutes and Ladders) package is a FREE download. It contains a printable Snakes and Ladders game board, editable game cards and an electronic Snakes and Ladders video game for the Smartboard. It is played like a traditional game of Snakes and Ladders with the addition of question cards that are answered on each throw of the die.
The card template is made in Word so you or your students can type up their own question cards. e.g. Dolch Words, Johnson Words, Fry List, Tables, Division Facts, Addition Facts, Subtraction Facts, review questions from any learning area etc, etc.
What you Need:
1 Snakes and Ladders game board (electronic or printable)
1 counter for each player
1 deck of custom cards
Before the Game:
- The teacher or students use the blank card template to create a deck of 'custom cards' to work on.
- NB I like the students to identify the math facts 'They feel like they need to work on' and make cards to address these needs.
Snakes and Ladders Rules - How to Play:
1. Player One shuffles the cards, forms them into a neat deck and places them face down beside the board.
2. Player One throws the die, moves their counter the given amount of spaces shown on the die then picks up a card and answers the question. If correct, their counter stays on the space they landed on. If not, then they return the counter to the space they started on.
3. Player 2 repeats Step 2.
NB If a player lands on a ladder they move their counter to the top of the ladder. If a player lands on the head of a snake they slide their counter to the tail of the snake.
How to Win:
4. The winner is the first person to land on the FINISH square.
Where to Next?
Perhaps your students would like to try a Multiplication Version of Flappy Bird
Read about the History of Snakes and Ladders I found it really interesting.