The In Between Game.
Essence of the Game:
Two players each turn over 2 numeral cards (0to9) and place them in ascending order. Next they turn over a third card and place it between their cards in play. If it falls between the values on the original cards they win the hand.
What You Need:
3 sets of numeral cards numbered 0 to 9
How to Play:
1. The person with the longest thumb is the Dealer.
2. Dealer shuffles the cards and distributes them evenly.
3. Players shuffle their own cards and form a personal deck.
4. Players hold their personal deck face down in the palm of one hand.
5. Players simultaneously turn over two cards and place them face up in ascending order with a gap for another card in between.
6. Players then turn over a third card each and place it in between the original cards.
Three Possibilities Are Now Possible:
- Both players’ 3 rd card fall between their cards in play.
So both players keep their 3 cards and place them to the side.
- One player’s 3 rd card falls between their cards and the other doesn’t. In this case, the player with the In Between number keeps
all 6 cards.
- Neither players’ card falls between the original cards. In this case, the cards stay on the table and another hand is played over the top of them. The next player to win a hand gets ALL the cards on the table.
Quick Run Through:
If Player One turns over 2 and 7 as their first cards then turns over a 5 to place in between the original cards they win the hand because 5 falls between 2 & 7.
If Player One turns over and 9 then do not win the hand since 9 does not fall between 2 & 7.
How to Win:
Once no more cards are in the players’ hands they count up how many cards they have ‘put aside’. The player with the highest number of cards wins.