Squares & Primes Game - A Game that Explores the Properties of Square and Prime Numbers
Game in a Nutshell:
Version 1 - A die is thrown, if the player lands on a prime number they state the properties of the prime and move their piece back to the last prime. If they land on a square number they state the square factor & move forward.
Version 2 - Go back on square numbers and forward on prime numbers.
What You Need:
1 Game Board
How to Play:
1. Player One throws a die and moves their counter the number shown.
- If a player lands on a space that is neither square or prime then their counter remains on that space and they end their turn.
- If a player lands on a prime number they state the factors of that number and then move to the next prime, state its factors and end their turn.
- If a player lands on a square number they state the square factors of that number and then move back to the next square number, state its square factors and end their turn.
2. Player Two then repeats step 1.
How to Win:
The first player to reach or pass 100 is declared the winner.
- Use 2 dice
- Use the electronic or printable game spinners.
Included in this Download:
2 Full Color Boards
2 Low Color Boards
1 PowerPoint File showing the Game Boards for easy introduction and discussion