- To practice subtraction, strategy and logical thinking.
Included in This Game:
1+1=__, 2-1=__, __-1=1, 2+2=__, 4-2=__, __-2=2, 4-__=2, 3+3=__, 6-3=__, __-3=3, 6-__=3, 4+4=__, 8-4=__, __-4=4, 8-___=4.
Minus, How many left? Deduct
What You Need:
1 Elephant Vs Mice Game Board
1 counter to represent the elephant
6 identical counters to represent the mice
- Arrange the counters as shown in the diagram.
- Decide who shall be the elephant and who shall be the mice for the first game.
1. The mice and the elephant can only move one square diagonally at a time.
2. All pieces can move diagonally forward AND backwards.
3. Once a piece lands on an algorithm, it is to be read aloud and the answer given.
4. Once a piece lands on a Subtraction Vocabulary square the word is to be used where appropriate when reading the algorithms.
3. The elephant may jump over a mouse if there is an empty square on the other side. That mouse is then removed from the board.
5. The elephant may jump horizontally, vertically or diagonally over a mouse to capture it.
6. Players take turns in moving their pieces.
7. The mice win when they corner the elephant so it cannot move.
8. The elephant wins the game when there is only one mouse left on the board.